New Years News Flash
'Tis the night before new years day and all through the house
Not a person walking about, not a Suasi in sight
But lo as you peek through their bedroom, cozy and warm
They're sleeping soundly since 9 o'clock that night.
Due to the symptoms of my pregnancy, we decided to skip the new years eve celebration at our cousin, Richard and Lani's house. After cooking for about 2 hours my head started throbbing with massive pain. My nausea began to kick in and I thought, "that's it I can't go out like this!" So we stayed home and went to bed around 9ish. Regardless of not saying goodbye to the last day of the year with the family, I'm still blessed that my immediate family is with me that night. We didn't take any pictures of any kind, not even capture a single 2 second video of the countdown, but we're happy, none the less. We woke up the following day and did absolutely NOTHING! It was a lazy day for the Suasis. We just sat around and chased Rayne everywhere. But then again, we're happy.
One news that almost made us sink to our stomachs was about my blood test that came out positive --- POSITIVE FOR DOWN SYNDROME. I was shocked to find out that I'm even prone to having babies with that problem. The good news about it is that I only have 1-2% chance of being positive. That leaves me with 98-99% chance that our baby will be normal. We have an appointment with a genetics counselor this coming tuesday and I'm dreading it. But, I'll have the ultrasound afterwards, which will tell us if the baby's normal or not. PLEASE PRAY THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!
So, that's our family news flash for today, January 4, 2008.
Till next blogging, folks!
YOU MIGHT WANT TO PUT YOUR VOLUMES UP FOR THIS CLIP.

2 Comments:
Hi Shem,
I understand your feeling at present, I think I was even worse when it comes to nose sensitivity because by just passing the McDonald's, Burger King even I was inside the car I would vomit once I smell their fry food......and talking about having a positive result of 1-2% down's syndrome, don't you know that with my pregnancy, the AFP (alpha feto-protein) test was even higher and above the normal range, which shows that not only 50% but 90% positive for down's that's why all throughout my pregnancy with Krystal I was very worried despite the normal result from fetal assessment........ but with all the prayers, thanks God.... Krystal came out very normal and smart baby. Just hold on to your faith, keep praying and the Lord will never put you down. Take care and God bless.......
Ann
By
Anonymous, At
6:57 AM
Happy New Year Shemmy! Miss you. Praying that all goes well with your pregnancy. Hope your feeling better. You'll be at Miche's wedding in May right?! I'm coming home for a week! Keep in touch! Kisses and hugs to Rayne for me.
By
Bev, At
12:41 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home