Shemmy's Life Stories

Thursday, September 14, 2006

So true for Avani Rayne



The past few nights has been glorious for me and Rayne. We've been sleeping so well at night that we both get at least 5 hours of sleep. Not straight, of course, but that means she only wakes up once at night. I'd tuck her in bed around 10 or 10:30 pm and she wouldn't wake up to feed until 3:30 the next day. Then, she'd be awake at around 7:30 am after that. Good sleep? HEK YAH!!! I wish it would stay that way for awhile, or better yet when I start work again. Which reminds me I have to get ready for that because it's approaching very fast.

Yesterday, just like all the afternoons I spend with Rayne she didn't want to be placed down anywhere at all. It's still hard to put her in a baby carrier because her head is still a little wobbly. So, I decided to take her out on a stroll around our neighborhood. It's not the greatest neighborhood to walk around in, but I guess it works. It works out your bun buns, though. We go through turns, up and down hills. It's a great workout. I thought I should start now instead of waiting for my body to completely be back to normal. My knees still hurt and it's a pain whenever I have to use them to stand up or bend down. My lower back hurts as well especially when I have to bend down to pick up something.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share this little info to those of you have babies -- and especially to Jennye who hasn't been reading. Pampers sends me great stuff to read and it's good to know your baby's development every month. PLUS, like what Ate Joy said, COUPONS!!! They're awesome!


2 Months (2 more weeks and Rayne is officially 2 Months old)

At two months, your baby still keeps you guessing, but her sleeping and eating habits are becoming a bit more predictable (It still changes a bit for me, though). Fussing and crying tend to increase later in the day (this one is a definite YEAH for Rayne), which can be stressful. If you feel overwhelmed, ask your partner or someone you trust to help out (I want to do this, but it's hard when everyone is working). Carrying your baby in a front pack, even when she's not fussing, can reduce the amount of crying overall.


Now's the time to start watching your baby's eyes to see what their real color will be (for Rayne it's the same color as my eyes). Your baby may also be noticeably chubbier by 2 months (mine is VERY chubby, but soooo cute), and she may even have a double chin and thigh folds. This is the hallmark of a healthy, well-fed baby. It's time for his 2-month checkup, so get ready to show her off at the doctor's.


You may also notice that your baby:


--- Coos, especially when you talk to him. He likes to get into a conversation. --- Rayne makes me laugh so much when I do this to her.

--- Smiles more broadly and more often every day. --- The pictures speak for itself.

--- Quiets down more with Mom and Dad than with strangers. --- I'm starting to notice this. She even cries when my mom or dad takes her. I'm kinda worried because I might not be able to have free hands on the weekend (during church in particular) if she cries so much in the arms of someone else.

--- Studies you and everyone else with intense interest, especially before and after feedings. --- I guess that's what she's doing when she follows me around with her eyes.

--- Controls his head a little better, as long as you hold him still. --- Rayne is still a little wobbly, but she's getting there, I could tell.

--- Likes being held up at your shoulder or sitting with her underarms supported. --- This is true for Rayne. That's the only way I could sometimes get her to stop crying. Plus, she loves facing everyone and sleeps so well with that position when I rock her in my rocking chair.

--- Holds his head and pushes his arms up when he's on his tummy. Be sure he gets plenty of time on his tummy when he's awake to keep his head round and his shoulders strong. --- My mom tried to do this with her all the time. She doesn't like it as much. She sometimes cries her head off.

--- Accidentally rolls over from tummy to back. --- She did it once when she was sleeping in between me and Darryl. That made us decide to put her back in the bassinet.

--- Has straightened out her posture and holds his hands open much of the time. --- Very much like Rayne.

Sneak Peek: As your child gets over his bouts of cradle cap and other common newborn conditions, he'll look more and more like a model baby. And he'll act the part, too, with smiles, lots of "conversation," and delighted wiggles when he sees you. He'll soon be able to get up on his arms and track you around the room, and he'll start to get his hands under control, so toys are about to become part of his life. --- I'm excited!!! Can't wait to get to this part!

2 Comments:

  • I love reading how baby Rayne is growing. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:56 AM  

  • heehee :) - she is going to get so picky and fussy about who gets to touch her! it's ok though 'coz at least you're getting lots of help from the aunties and grandmas at church :) i know how that church LOVES babies ...

    By Blogger KEZIA, At 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home